© Reuters. Russian President Vladimir Putin meets with Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi in Tehran, Iran July 19, 2022. President Web site/WANA (West Asia Information Company)/Handout by way of REUTERS
(Reuters) – Ukraine stated it broke via enemy traces in a number of locations close to the southern metropolis of Kherson because it pressed a brand new marketing campaign to retake territory whereas Moscow stated Kyiv’s counter-offensive had failed as Russia shelled the port metropolis of Mykolaiv.
* A crew from the U.N. nuclear watchdog (IAEA) is heading to Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, the company’s chief stated, as Russia and Ukraine traded accusations of shelling in its neighborhood, stirring fears of a radiation catastrophe.
* Russia’s defence ministry stated Russian forces shot down a Ukrainian drone that was making an attempt to assault the Zaporizhzhia reactor complicated whereas different officers stated a Ukrainian missile hit a gasoline depot on the plant.
* The White Home stated on Monday that Russia ought to conform to a demilitarized zone across the plant.* 1000’s of individuals fleeing Russia-occupied areas of south Ukraine are arriving in a metropolis close to the Zaporizhzhia nuclear website regardless of fears of a radiation leak from combating. For a lot of, shelling of their hometowns is a extra pressing hazard.
* Ukrainian troops mounting a counter-offensive have damaged via Russian defences in a number of sectors of the entrance line close to the town of Kherson, a senior adviser to President Volodymyr Zelenskiy stated.* Russian shelling hit residential areas of the southern Ukrainian metropolis of Mykolaiv on Monday, killing two folks and destroying properties, metropolis officers and witnesses stated.
Reuters was unable to independently confirm the battlefield studies.
* Germany faces the “bitter actuality” that Russia won’t restore gasoline provides to the nation, the German economic system minister stated on Monday, forward of deliberate halt by state power large Gazprom (MCX:) of exports to Europe by way of the Nord Stream 1 pipeline.
* Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy accused Russia of financial terrorism as the price of Europe’s power disaster spiralled with Germany on the hook for at the very least 19 billion euros to bail out its largest importer of Russian gasoline.
* Russia’s oil output has exceeded expectations within the wake of the struggle in Ukraine however Moscow will discover it more and more troublesome to uphold manufacturing as Western sanctions start to chunk, the top of the Worldwide Power Company stated on Monday.
* Ukraine’s agricultural exports might rise to six million-6.5 million tonnes in October, double the amount seen in July, as its sea ports progressively reopen, the nation’s agriculture minister stated on Monday.