Joe Hindy / Android Authority
Welcome to the 448th version of Android Apps Weekly. Listed below are the large headlines from the final week:
- We rounded up one of the best new apps and video games from the final month. You possibly can take a look at the greatest new Android apps from August right here and the greatest new video games from August right here. Take pleasure in!
- The primary Android 14 beta could come as quickly as April 2023. Google talked about its Quarterly Platform Releases (QPRs) and talked about that Android 13’s closing one is in March 2023. That appears to point that Android 14 betas may begin popping up as early as April. Hit the hyperlink to be taught extra.
- The brand new ad-supported plan from Netflix could price lower than half of the present plan. Bloomberg launched a report that claims Netflix may cost between $7 and $9 for the plan. The present plan prices $15.49 on the time of this writing. Netflix can be engaged on utilizing fewer focused adverts and smaller advert offers so audiences don’t get too upset.
- BeReal has been taking off. The social platform solely provides folks an opportunity in a random, two-minute window daily. That makes it very arduous for folks to faux their lives like they often do on Instagram. Hit the hyperlink to be taught extra about it. Snapchat can be copying considered one of BeReal’s options, and you’ll learn extra about that right here.
- Twitter Circles can be rolling out quickly. Twitter Circles work a bit bit like Google+ Circles did again within the day. Principally, you possibly can publish a tweet to a Circle, and solely people in that Circle can see your tweet. Hit the hyperlink to be taught extra about them.
Masha and the Bear: Farm Video games
Worth: Free / $2.99 per thirty days / $19.99 per yr
Masha and the Bear: Farm Video games is a children’ recreation based mostly on the favored Russian children’ cartoon present. It’s geared toward Kindergarten-aged children with loads of little mini-games you possibly can play. That features gardening, enjoying with animals, catching fish, and extra. There’s additionally voice performing together with respectable music. The graphics are fairly respectable, and the mechanics are simple sufficient for teenagers to make use of. There’s a subscription, but it surely’s not too intrusive. There’s a free trial in case you need to see what it’s like.
Sleep Reset goals to assist folks with sleeping points. It asks the consumer a bunch of inquiries to attempt to get to the foundation of the sleeping drawback. From there, it provides quite a lot of therapeutic methods to attempt to appropriate it. They promise some respectable outcomes, together with over an hour of additional sleep per night time and fewer middle-of-the-night wake-ups. It retains monitor of a sleep rating so you possibly can see your progress over time. Clearly, that is one thing that wants longer testing to see if the strategies are good. Nevertheless, the app works wonderful so you possibly can not less than entry the entire capabilities.
Ys On-line: The Ark of Napishtim
Worth: Free to play
Ys On-line: The Ark of Naphishtim is a cellular MMORPG with gacha parts that’s based mostly on the Ys universe. It comprises a bunch of nostalgic parts, like cameos from characters in earlier video games, music tracks, and different parts from earlier Ys video games. Gamers can select between 4 courses, every with their very own strengths and weaknesses. After that, it’s fairly typical MMORPG stuff. You go on quests, remedy puzzles, delve in dungeons, and defeat bosses. There’s a story, and it’s respectable.
Skilldock helps folks create offline mini-courses. Basically, you open the app, create a course, and share it with different folks. They will take your little course and be taught no matter you need them to be taught. It’s arrange like most of the on-line choices the place you might have chapters. You possibly can customise every chapter to your liking. That is type of a neat premise as a result of it really works properly as a examine assist, a coaching software, or every other variety of issues. It’s free as of the time of this writing.
The Strolling Useless: All-Stars
Worth: Free to play
The Strolling Useless: All-Stars is an idle RPG recreation with gacha parts. It’s loosely based mostly on The Strolling Useless comedian collection. The gameplay is fairly customary for the style. You acquire quite a lot of basic and iconic Strolling Useless characters and use them to defend your self in opposition to enemies. It separates itself by having deep lore as offered by the precise Strolling Useless collection, so the builders didn’t need to invent plenty of stuff to make the sport deep story-wise. It’s okay so far as idle video games go, but it surely has the same old pitfalls like lengthy grinds, microtransactions, and extra.
If we missed any huge Android apps or video games information or releases, inform us about it within the feedback.
Thanks for studying. Strive these out too: